Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rejoicement!

Rejoicement = Announcement of rejoicing

I want to take a moment and glorify God for His saving power. Yesterday a student of mine sent me a text that simply read, "I want to get saved." That made for the best Monday! Its not like you get these often you know.

I had opportunity to visit him and he prayed through. He said when we were praying together he felt something leaving his body; that it felt like wind. Praise God!!!! I want to rejoice with the angels in heaven.

Even better, is he really wants to be a child of God. He said, several times, that he wanted "to really live it. He didn't want to go back to his old ways and he didn't want to be like some "christians" who don't really do it."

Please join me in rejoicing and pray the Lord keep him.

3 comments:

  1. YAY!

    During my first year of teaching (10 years ago), I had a young man in my study hall who was known as a "player" and a bit of a cad. Much to my dismay, this young man had taken up with one of the more innocent freshman girls in that same study hall. From when I was in high school, I KNEW boys like him, and I was worried about her, especially her getting hurt. She was a believer and he was not...on top of everything. Well, in between admonishment to keep their paws off of each other, I'd often pray for her safety and for his salvation. In fact, I prayed in quite a mischievous way, with a snicker, that I hoped that someday he'd get saved and serve God...a total transformation. Well, wouldn't you know it, a year later, his girlfriend (still at my school while he was in college) came over to me to talk. (She knew I was a Christian and often spoke to me about such things.) Here, that boy got saved, gave his life to God, and last year, I found out that he was a missionary. He has since gotten married, come home, and is in seminary! WOW! When I get discouraged about my students, I pray for them. I am praying for a very hard case, right now.

    Thank you for caring to share your faith with a student and leading that child to Christ. :) Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. That is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!! What a blessing.Can't wait to meet him. Keep on keeping on Missionary Man!

    ReplyDelete