Tuesday, September 7, 2010

II Corinthians 10:4

“For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds”


I want to first point out that you do have weapons at your disposal, promised by God. As a Christian, you are expected to fight against the enemy of your soul. The weapons we are issued have the ability to pull down or destroy strongholds. These are the areas in your personal life that sometimes appear to be “off-limits.”

Prior to getting saved I drew back even though I felt the drawing of the Lord. I had great respect for the things of God, but I also had an area of my life that was a definite stronghold. I was unable to overcome my habit of filthy language. Try as I might, I could do no better than to restrain myself for only a few days. After months of effort I finally came to realize what it was to be controlled by a power greater than my will. There was nothing I could do to overcome.

In desperation, I prayed one day asking the Lord, “If you’ll help me kick this habit, I will try to get saved.” All I can say is that I have not said a cuss word since 1997! Even more, God erased the words from my mind to the point that I am not tempted to even think it in my head. Now that is a mighty power! Only God was able to give me the power to pull down that stronghold in my life.

Have you any areas of your life that seem too strong for you? Do you wish you were more Godlike in some aspect of your life? The secret is to stop fighting it with your own strength (carnal warfare) and let God give you the weapons and power to pull down those strongholds.

No comments:

Post a Comment