Saturday, November 20, 2010

I Corinthians 2:9

 “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”




I’d like to credit this devotional thought to my Uncle Steve. In a recent sermon he shared an awesome exposition of this promise.

Have you ever been to a fireworks show more than once? Fort Vancouver, in southwest Washington, puts on one of the best 4th of July celebrations I have ever seen. As a veteran of the show I am intimately familiar with the grand finale. Many times I have experienced this show with people who are new to the experience. Often they are impressed with the dazzling colors and share their excitement, to which I reply, “You aint seen nothin yet!”

I am able to confidently express this because I know what the end will be like and how much greater it will impress and satisfy. Similarly, God is telling you, “You aint seen nothing yet!” God knows the grand finale and what He has in store for you. As you travel down your life and enjoy God, you will be impressed. God is promising you here, that what will come in the end is really going to blow your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment