Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Corinthians 1:5

"That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;"

    This promise is a direct result of the grace of God manifested to us through Jesus Christ. It covers all aspects of your life. The next time you start feeling down about yourself, stop and think about this. God has made and continues to make you a better person. To enrich is to make better or stronger and that is exactly what He has promised to do for you.
   I specifically want to emphasize the fact that we are enriched in what we say. Have you ever had the urge to say something for the Lord only to remain silent? This usually happens because you are tempted to think, "I'm not going to say it right. No one really cares what I have to say." and many other such phrases. Perhaps you are like me, in that you make a "joyful noise" instead of singing. Did you know God has promised to enrich all that you say or do.
  As I said before I am not a singer. I can't read music and I don't know the difference between tune, key, and melody. What's worse, is I don't like to do things half-hearted or quietly. At work I often walk the halls singing gospel songs. I honestly don't care what others think because I sing to God, so all the comments I get pleading with me to stop don't phase me.
   One particular day my singing was interrupted by a fellow teacher. She said, "That is beautiful. Do you sing in the choir at church?" I couldn't help but laugh out loud. I know there at least two people in the world that sing worse (love ya Mom & Aunt Deb), but a choir voice? As I walked down the hall I began to realize what this promise had just done. God enriched my singing and made it glorious to another person!
   God is promising you similar blessings. It may be the way in which it is communicated or it may be the meaning. God is not limited by your weakness. In fact, He is promising to enrich them. Do you have faith to accept His enrichment?

No comments:

Post a Comment