Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Psalms 50:12

 “If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.”




The fullness of a few of God’s promises are not truly understood until we are able to really grasp this simple yet profound concept. God has no limits!!! When He says “the world is mine” it isn’t wishful thinking. He really has control of anything you can possibly think of. It is all His.

I’ll put it in terms you can understand. As a 5-year old child I was stabbed in the eye with a piece of broken pvc pipe. After a few minutes of centipede my dad was unable to get my eyeball back in the socket. At the hospital emergency room we had to wait because my injury was not life threatening. 20 minutes into the wait game, my brother, cousin and I grew bored, so they pushed my wheelchair all over the place. We eventually found a pop machine and tried our luck.

As if the day wasn’t bad enough, the machine ate our money yet yielded no pop. In frustration my brother kicked the machine and slapped a button. When a pop came out, he slapped the button again. Presto! Out came one pop after another every time we pressed a button. It was as if my brother had turned into the Fonz. Needless to say, we couldn’t begin to drink all the pop in the machine but we had fun trying.

The point is this. When we wanted a pop it was available. All we had to do was push the button. Unlike a pop machine, God doesn’t have limited storage capacity. However, like the machine, anything God wants is at his disposal. God is the Fonz of the universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment