Saturday, January 22, 2011

Psalms 50:15

"And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me."

In the previous promise we learned that God has no limits. It isn't enough to know that God is capable, which is why He propmised to be willing. We are surrounded with people who have tremendous means who turn an indifferent shoulder to the destitute. Regardless of the wealth around them, they are not benefited because indifference yields no action.

It reminds me of the time I had a face to face conversation with an NBA player. I expressed to him a social injustice that was affecting helpless and destitute children in the city where he played. This man had political and financial power to positively change the situation, yet he could only say, "That is too bad." Despite having the means, there was no will to prompt action.

I, like God, have put these two promises near each other to complete the thought. God promised to be willing as well as able. The cliche is ready, willing, and able. God is not limited with time, so it isn't a matter of readiness on His part. That belongs to you. Are you ready? Are you submitted to His will? Are you humbled enough to ask for His help, or are you still busy trying to do it yourself wondering why God hasn't done something yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment