Thursday, February 24, 2011

Psalms 139:7-12

Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? [8] If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. [9] If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; [10] Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. [11] If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. [12] Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.”




I decided to bunch a few of these together to get at the larger principle. God is not the one you want to play hide and go seek with. While there are several details in here, the main thought is you can’t hide from Him. He is promising you that you will always be within His sight. Regardless of how good you think you might be you just can’t shake him.

Sometimes in life we allow ourselves to go to very dark places. Poor choices, carelessness, or just a bad sequence of events can cause a soul to “drift” away from God. Guilt usually spurns the soul to deeper pits of misery, endeavoring to “hide” their shame from God. The truth of His promise is there is nowhere to hide. He sees it all.

This promise should cheer the soul of every believer who battles affliction, temptation, or persecution! You are not alone. God is watching, waiting, before He acts. My children are at the age where they love to do things to impress me. They will run through the house yelling, “Dad. Dad, you gotta come see this.” Their smile of satisfaction is always a treat. Similarly, God has promised to watch you achieve in His Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment