Monday, March 7, 2011

Proverbs 19:21

 “ There are many devices in a man’s heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand.”




As I have grown older I become more fond and nostalgic about childhood memories. Each time I go back to visit Arizona, I like to go back and visit my old elementary school. My favorite site to visit is the old Red School house. Originally it served as the only building. Prior to my arrival it served as a library until it was changed to the music room during the middle of my tenure as a student.

Each time I visit, I can’t help but remember the day the entire school stood in a line and passed books from the old library to the new one. That memory gives way to many more that took place in the shadow of that old red school-house. The comfort of each memory is solidified by the sight of that building, still standing tall despite decades of torment from the intense sun and seasonal monsoons. There is something comforting each time I see that building, probably because one thing hasn’t changed in this ever-changing world.

In a world where today’s technology and discoveries make yesterday’s knowledge obsolete, even inaccurate it is easy to lose faith in “truth.” While the truth of this world is ever changing, God’s truth isn’t. It has already been established and will never change; it shall stand. One of the many benefits is the comfort and security afforded the believer of God’s truth (counsel).

No comments:

Post a Comment