Friday, March 11, 2011

Psalms 55:17

"Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice."


  Just a minute. Not right now. Shhhhhhhh. I'm sorry, did you say something? We all have heard these and even used them ourselves. People are busy, preoccupied with what is important to them. God isn't! Here He is promising to always listen. This thought reminds me of a song titled when we pray.

 "When we pray, the door to heaven will open. The Father is moved when prayers of faith are spoken.
   All of heaven stands at attention, when the name of Jesus is mentioned.
   He hears every word we say... when we pray"

  Basically God is telling you, "If you'll care enough to share it with me, I'll care enough to drop whatever I am doing and give you my undivided attention." One of the greatest human needs is to be heard. That is exactly what God is promising you. How long has it been since He has heard from you; I mean really heard from you?

  Have you ever wanted to call someone and talk, but then hesitated or even decided not to simply because it was not a "good time?"  As if this promise wasn't awesome enough, God even promised extended office hours! Anytime is a good time for God. Unlike 24-hr grocery stores or fast food chains, God doesn't offer stripped down, cost saving service for prayers offered at seemingly "inconvienient" moments. With Him, you always get His best.

1 comment: