Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Points 3 & 4

I know I said I was going to write about the others sooner, but I usually wait until I get at least one comment before doing another post. That way folks actually have time to read it and react/respond. I am more interested in responses than what I write ;)

That being said let's highlight the next two points from Col 4.

"3) That we could speak with His authority rather than my own"

It is too easy to look at a situation and think we know what is going on. It is just as easy to not share our faith because we don't know what to say or who to say it to. This is because we rely on our own authority and not God's. If you take the time to ask God who to speak to and what to say He will answer your prayer.
One particular time, I was praying for a man dying from Lou Gehrig's. During that time, the Lord burdened me with a strong desire to visit this man. The day I was supposed to meet with him (keeping in mind I had only met him 1 time, 18 years ago) God woke me up and shared with me 2 specific questions the man had. God also gave me answers to share with the man when I met with him later that day. When we go with God's authority there is a tremendous amount of courage that goes with you.


4) That we would enact the wisdom we have gained

Have you ever been in a situation where you failed or made a huge mistake? What is even more frustrating is to hear someone say, "Oh, I could have told you that wouldn't work." We usually reply by saying, "Then why didn't you tell me before I did ......" When you are the one failing you can easily get frustrated at those who hold back information vital to your success. Imagine how you would feel if your teacher told you there was a test in two weeks but never went out of their way to help you learn,maybe even just sitting at their desk. Sad to say, but this is what most Christians do. Living for God, experiencing trials and hardships teach you things about yourself and God. Rather than "sit at your desk" (just hanging around church folks/activities) get up and teach some one who continues to fail. You have learned some valuable lessons in your experiences with God. Share the wisdom.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Point three really speaks to me, I have been struggling to keep my mouth shut when talking to people I know have problems in their life that should fix but thankfully through prayer and patience God is helping me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing when to be silent is always a challenge. I am comforted by Psalms 46:10 when in those situations.

    ReplyDelete