Thursday, April 29, 2010

Jude 24

“Now unto him who is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.”

This one is taken from the middle of a thought in the text of Jude. I especially like how it deals with our natural fears. This verse reminds me of when I taught my children how to ride a bike. They were excited to give it a try but ever fearful of falling and injuring themselves. My daughter Ashlyn was so scarred that she would not ride unless I ran beside her hanging onto the seat. She knew as long as I held onto the bike she would not fall. Traveling through life according to God’s will, he has promised to run beside your bike holding you up.

Whenever kids fight, parents usually ask questions trying to see who was at fault. Most often the response is “not me.” When we stand before an all knowing God, “not me” will not justify us. The only justification will be Jesus Christ. He is the only one who can assume responsibility, thereby presenting us faultless to the Father. The other good news is that he will do it with joy that exceeds anything you have ever known. His exceeding joy is an indication of how much he loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment