Thursday, April 8, 2010

Phillipians 4:6-7

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7) And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. "

This is a particularly favorite promise of mine, mostly because of the simplicity of it. God is basically saying, “What is bothering you?” Make sure you pay special attention. God does not put a pre-requisite on your request. In God’s economy there is no “big” or “small” request. Be careful for nothing means that whatever is bothering you is important to God.

I have learned through the years that God even cares about where you put your car keys. I have to admit, that at first, I felt silly asking God to help me find my keys. The truth of the matter was that I was late and could not find the keys, so in desperation I knelt at my bed and asked the Lord to show me where they were. You know God answered my prayer!

Some requests are more serious in nature, like the time my wife and I lost our first child only 9 weeks into the pregnancy. That was the hardest thing I have ever faced. I truly did not understand why God would let this happen. I experienced many emotions and really faced serious doubts about God and His love. By faith, I simply knelt at my couch and just cried. It hurt too bad to talk or think. Somewhere in the midst of my pouring out God fulfilled this promise. I can’t explain how but God definitely brought healing to my heart and mind. He did not change the situation but He did give me real peace. Have you got any situations that lack real peace?

3 comments:

  1. That's some good stuff. You should start a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful He is interested and capable of answering..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Ken, I might just do that. (A. Jane)I imagine you have a few more stories to share than I.

    ReplyDelete