Thursday, April 1, 2010

Proverbs 8:17

"I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me."

I especially love the simplicity of these two promises. Today's thought will focus on the first promise which is His promise to reciprocate our Love. I want to first state that God does love all of His creation regardless of their actions, or feelings toward Him. This is why it is even possible for us to think about loving God; because He loved us first.

Have you ever been afraid to really love someone? The reality is that anyone who has suffered rejection or betrayal from a loved one knows exactly what I am talking about. After the intense pain, even depression, anger takes over until hardness finally prevails as a protective defense. The result of this process has given rise to the current culture in America. People are scarred to give their heart to another. Why is that? Could it be they are afraid it could happen again? God is promising you that your love for Him will not bring you rejection, heartache, and despair. Rather, He has promised to love you back in like manner.

Can you see the endless possibilities of love you can experience? God is promising no act of love will go unnoticed. This is why I enjoy the glorious mundane. Daily activities become infinite possibilities to express my love to God simply by doing them as unto Him rather than unto men. The question remains. Are your daily activities performed as an act of love to God or are they "just what you do?" The answer may explain the degree to which you feel loved by God.

4 comments:

  1. Love it Bro! Looking forward to Tuesdays and Fridays! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time! :) Putting this in my daily blogs to read. Loved this.

    ReplyDelete