Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ephesians 4:1

“I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you the ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, ”

Have you ever wondered what you are supposed to do with your life? Undoubtedly every person will be forced to wrestle with this question. Millions of people battle this same issue, even after deciding a career path. Often it is accompanied by anxiety, fear, and unrest.

Thousands have decided to change career paths because they have felt like their job gave them no sense of satisfaction. Hidden in this verse is a sweet confirmation for every person. God has given you a vocation, which is a calling. He has chosen and equipped you to do something important in this world.

Finding your vocation is not done by taking aptitude and personality surveys. The secret is to be willing to perform whatever work God calls you to. You will also need to remain flexible because He may call you to do more than one thing.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this part: "Finding your vocation is not done by taking aptitude and personality surveys. The secret is to be willing to perform whatever work God calls you to. You will also need to remain flexible because He may call you to do more than one thing. "

    I've tried those surveys - mainly because I was "forced" to take them at school - but I've also been prompted by some young women trying to help some of us younger girls. I found no satisfaction with the results as it was mainly focused on a self-centered life... a career was the main purpose. Since I believe having a good job is not the ultimate goal in life, finding out which job my personality would fit didn't give me much satisfaction as I was trying to figure out what my God-given "vocation" was. I'm thankful that God has led me to a deeper walk with Him, and by that & through that He has shown me little things to do here and there - my vocation for now! :) I want to be faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have great confidence you will be a blessing to the Lord's work.

    ReplyDelete