Friday, June 4, 2010

Psalms 37:25

“I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.”

The wisest man ever to live, Soloman, recognized an unwritten promise of God. Beside all the many benefits associated with being a child of God, his children can also enjoy the piece of mind concerning their livelihood. Today we live in a time where our society is losing its dignity. The dependence on welfare or blatant panhandling employed by many in America is troubling. Just as despicable is the lack of loyalty and integrity of large corporations out to improve the bottom line.

Functioning in a society like this can easily cause one to feel apprehensive. Do you ever think, “What is the point? They will probably fire me next.” Are you ever worried that you might not have the ability to provide for yourself? No need to worry. God has promised you that the righteous will be taken care of. They can retain their dignity because they will not be forced to beg.

This promise also lets me know that I don’t have to step on others to create financial gain. I don’t have to worry about who is trying to step on me either. If I live a righteous and godly life, God will see to it that I am taken care of. It may come in a way I did not expect but it will happen.

2 comments:

  1. God has proved this time and again for us...I am starting to realize this and some of my fears for the future have abated because of the proof of God's care for us. A milestone for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise be to God. I feel this promise, like many other truths, has many layers. It is evident when you consider the life of the man who wrote this scripture.

    ReplyDelete