Friday, August 13, 2010

James 1:5

“If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.”

Do you know the answer to every question in life? My guess is you have been stumped often over the course of your life. There are simple everyday events, which you struggle . with to find the right decision for, but this promise is much more than that. This promise enables us to have peace with more pressing issues like, “What happens when I die? Where will I spend eternity? What is God pleased with? How do I truly love my enemies?” These are a few of many important issues.

When I was a kid I often got on people’s nerves because I always asked questions. I was an inquisitive kid who wanted to know how, why, and what if. There are many memories of various adults growing impatient with my incessant questioning. I especially enjoy the part of this promise where God will give “liberally” to all who ask. That tells me that God doesn’t grow impatient with my questions. He is well able to answer them and much more that I haven’t even thought about yet.

I have known people who will not ask questions because they were afraid of being ridiculed for their lack of knowledge. This is often the biggest cause for students to be silent in a classroom setting. They are afraid to admit what they do not know. Did you know that it is safe to admit to God you don’t know something? He won’t upbraid you even if he has told you the answer before!

Understand something very important. God has promised you wisdom in all that you will face in life. He has also promised not to “beat you up” because you did not know. Do you still have unanswered questions? You know where to find the answer. What are you waiting for? Go claim your promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment