Friday, August 20, 2010

Proverbs 16:3

"Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established."

Here we have another conditional promise. Our part is to commit what we are doing unto the Lord. That doesn't mean I am doing whatever I feel like and hoping the Lord is pleased with it. This means that I am actively seeking God's will in my life and doing what pleases him.

When you do this, the Lord has promised to deal with your mind. When it comes to being "drawn" away from the Lord it starts with the mind. The principle of reaping and sowing works in the negative also.

Sow a thought, reap an act. Sow an act, reap a habit. Sow a habit, reap a character.

Jesus said, as a man thinketh in his heart so he is. All this is pointing out that our actions are dictated by what we think about. This is why the promise is so precious. The Lord is saying I will protect your mind and help you to focus your thoughts on what is good.

The best way I can eloborate on this is to share my own experience of it. Several years back I felt impressed, of the Lord, to have a tent meeting in the park. The last month preceeding the meeting was very busy, as I was taking care of the logistics and prayfully asking the Lord for inspiring messages to share. The month came and went as did the meeting. After it was over the Lord asked me, "Did you notice that during all this work you never had time to think about what others were or were not doing?" The Lord was letting me know that if I'll concentrate on His work for my life then I won't have time to be scrutinizing others.

No comments:

Post a Comment