Friday, October 8, 2010

Jeremiah 29:13

"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."


 Have you ever lost something you really wanted? I remember as a little kid I worked hard for several days to earn $5. As a poor kid growing up, I was crushed when I realized my loss. My initial reaction was cautious optimisim as I simply decided to retrace my steps, knowing I woukd retrieve what was rightfully mine. After several minutes with no success, hope leaked out with each, seemingly, vain step. By the end of the night I had concluded all hope to be lost.

In life we face many circumstances with much more dire consequences. Often, our own efforts to fix situations result in hope lost. As we journey through life accumulating this defeating experiences it is no wonder we are forced into hopeless lives of desperation. That is until we come to the realization of this promise.

God is telling you to "put your focus in the right place and you'll never be disappointed." If you focus solely on me (with you whole heart), I will be found. Here, God is promising you that you can and will find that which is most umportant, of most value. God Himself!

How's your hope? Do you sense loss in your life? God is waiting to be found by you. The only way to find Him is to focus on Him, not your situation, not your circumstance, and definately not on what you can do to fix the problem. The reward will always be treasure recovered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment