Friday, October 22, 2010

Psalms 50:15

And call upon me in the day of trouble : I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.”

On the surface this is a very simple and straightforward promise, but it covers much more than you really imagine. Here, God is saying, “Tell what is wrong and I will help.” It is important to note that God did not put a clarifier on what constituted trouble. For each person it will vary, but to God they are all important.


Several years ago, during the housing boom, my wife an I bought a house that was 2 times out of our budget. The idea was to hold it for a while, then sell it for a profit. All was going as planned until the market started showing signs of slowing down. We bought at the wrong time and it was going to bring financial ruin. I am convinced my wife and I earned many some gray hairs over the matter.

Once we finally recovered from the reality we were facing, we began to pray in earnest to God. As this promise says, God delivered us and brought a buyer at the right time for the right price. Financially we broke even but spiritually we profited greatly because we learned that God even helps when we were the ones who created the trouble.

Do you have some trouble? Does it seem too small? Too big? Do you feel like it is your fault so you have to deal with it alone? Do you want to be delivered? God simply asks you to call upon Him.

1 comment:

  1. I've dealt with this before: "Do you feel like it is your fault so you have to deal with it alone?" But, we were reminded Friday night at Springfield's revival that God can meet any need that we might have.... and God came by and did just that for about 8 of us! :) We sure miss out when we don't treat God as the father He really wants to be to us! Independence is not really worth it since "God is so great, so big, and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do!"

    ReplyDelete