Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Rejoicement

I am writing to appologize that I was not able to get to a computer last Friday; hence no post. I was in Dallas,TX for the meeting. The Lord greatly blessed. While I was there I quietly celebrated my 35 birthday. I also awoke to a great present. Another of my former students had sent me a text letting me know that they had asked the Lord to save them! I celebrated in tears of joy at my bedside as I prayed for him and rejoiced in the Lord for another soul that had escaped the pits of hell.

I was humbled by his respect and honor he showed to me by asking that I would baptise him. This is not an honor I take lightly. I am very thankful to God that He brought me and this student into each other's lives. All I can say is that God is awesome and He is still interested in souls!

2 comments:

  1. Quietly? You must have escaped being sang to at church......

    I was so glad when you put in the thanksgiving about your student at Dallas! We'll be praying for you and your family's sphere of influence! God truly IS awesome and I'm thankful He is still dealing with souls and interested in saving their lives - it gives me hope to keep praying anytime I heard of another person getting saved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easy to do it quietly when you don't tell folks when it is :)

    I also baptized him last Sunday; in a cold cold river. It was cool to see several of his friends present. Facebook is a good way to send out invites.

    ReplyDelete