Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Luke 15:31 #2

 “And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.”



In high school I had a particular friend Tony. He was an all right guy most of the time, but once in a while I wanted to beat him up. One day he, my buddy Eric and I were playing basketball at the park when Tony says, “I feel sorry for you guys because you are both poor and I am rich.” If ever I wanted to flatten his nose surely it was then.

Instead, I would invite myself over to his house and eat as much of his food as possible. This also proved to be a challenge because he was the kind of guy who would only share what he really didn’t want all for himself. If his mom bought certain cookies, he would eat them secretly and offer me some other type. This behavior resulted in a superficial friendship that did not last over the years.

God is not a stingy, immature, kid who rubs your face in your own inadequacy. Contrariwise, He freely offers to you all that He has, just as He did the son who remained by his side. God is not interested in keeping His very best for himself while offering you some stripped down salvation. He proved this by giving His only son, Jesus. Could there be any greater evidence that God truly offers you all that He has? Like any gift that is offered it is up to you to receive. Are you willing to enjoy His benefits?

No comments:

Post a Comment