Friday, April 1, 2011

Matthew 20:4

 “And said unto them; Go ye into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right, I will give you. And they went their way.”




I’ll never forget the first time I worked with my grandpa. I was about 15 years old and minimum wage was $4.25 an hour at that time. He had a job pouring a large concrete slab in the customer’s backyard. My job was to push a wheelbarrow full of liquid concrete (mud) from the truck, through a gate, and into the backyard where I dumped it into the forms that had been set up. It was one of the most physically challenging jobs I had done in my life. It was also the most rewarding. I earned $50 for 2 hours of work.

Grandpa could have paid me minimum wage. He could have even got away with paying me $20, since I was still a kid. Instead, I was paid what was right. That is exactly what God has promised you. He is not bound by man made laws that determine minimum compensation. There is no need for the government or a union to “protect” you either. God is the benevolent employer who always compensates adequately. Can you think of a better boss to have?

No comments:

Post a Comment