Friday, April 15, 2011

Luke 15:31 #3

And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.”

The last promise in this verse deals with our innermost fear of being alone. There are times when we all need a little personal down time, but it is rare that a person truly desires to be completely alone. Only the most damaged, who have lost all hope of a fruitful relationship, desire to live in isolation. That is why He promised that we too, can ever be with Him.

I remember the one time I was taken to daycare. I was five and my mom dropped me off because she had some things to do and it wouldn’t work out for me to go with her. I pleaded for her not to, but she left anyway. Needless to say I had a lousy day. I didn’t like all the strange people, their strict rules, and especially being forced to nap when I wasn’t tired. The first recess after nap-time, I climbed the chain-link fence and walked to a nearby gas station where I made a collect call to my mom. Like I said, it was the one time I was put in daycare.

Being around strangers doesn’t satisfy. It is possible to be lonely in a crowded room of strangers. As humans we will go to great lengths to be around those we know; possibly endangering ourselves along the way. As you make this journey through life God has promised you the comfort of His presence. Just because you can’t feel it doesn’t mean He isn’t with you. The next time you start to feel alone remember that God has promised that He will not drop you off at the daycare.

No comments:

Post a Comment